Week 1 Marketing Blog Post!

I already introduced myself for my photojournalism post, but since this post is for a different course and a different grade, I guess I'll do it again. 



Hi! My name is Ally Hall, I'm an early graduate from West Albany High School, and this is my first time taking college classes, unless you count those classes you take in high school that offer college credit. I'm a business major, and while I originally created this blog for my photojournalism class, it will be used for my marketing class as well. 
I'm taking this course because I want to learn all the aspects of business. While most people wouldn't say that reading their college textbook is fun or interesting to them, I would disagree. Yesterday, I sat in my room and read 100 pages of my marketing textbook Purple Cow by Seth Godin, and honestly, I thought it was so cool. That probably sounds really strange, but the way Godin writes has this fun, sarcastic innervation to it that made it easy to read.
I want to learn how people make their products ¨remarkable¨, or at least how they make their product look ¨remarkable¨. I want to learn the secrets behind a major company's success in a product that, on its own, would realistically never sell. To me, marketing seems like a chance to take something simple and boring and blow it up into the amazing thing that no one ever knew they needed. 
Outside of college, before the virus outbreak, I didn't really do anything but work. All the time. I worked 4-6 days out of the week. I love my job, I love my coworkers, and I guess it's probably the only thing I can say I'm really ¨passionate¨ about right now. I work at Izzys as a dishwasher and a host. I'm not a huge fan of the dishwasher part; I definitely prefer the hosting gig. But being a dishwasher isn't so bad. Now that I can't go to work, I actually really miss being stuck in the back, washing dishes.

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing In The News Blog Post #2

Photo Story: Mike Dixon

Begg’s Tires Free Shoot