Q & A with Manuel Maciel











  1. 1. How old are you?
    “18 years young.”
  1. Where do you work?
    “For my dad at Maciel Yard Maintenance.”
  1. Has COVID-19 had a positive or negative impact on your business?
    “Positive, we still get jobs coming up. I just worked a 75 hour week last week. People are staying home more often and they're realizing that their yards aren't perfect, and when their neighbors see our trailer, they give us a call, and we get even more business.”
  1. What is your dream job?
    “I'm indecisive. I wanted to be in the blue collar field but I'm stuck between mechanic, welder, and landscaper. However, I'm leaning more towards landscaper at the moment.”
  1. What is the hardest thing you've gone through?
    “My grandma passing away on February 24th.”
  1. What is your favorite thing to do with your free time?
    “I like to build legos and go fishing and working on my trucks. I like to make sure all my fluids are topped off and I like to make sure my trucks look clean. I also like to watch youtube videos about repairing and upgrading my trucks.”
  1. What is one moment or memory that you will always remember?
    “When I crashed my truck and when I tore my ACL. I was 13 when I crashed my truck, and my foot went on the gas and the break pedal at the same time, and I smashed into a trailer. I tore my ACL playing soccer, and I had already been injured but I kept playing anyway, until I heard a pop and couldn't move.”
  1. What is your biggest value in life?
    “I put family first, above all. Call me Dominic Toreto.”
  1. If there was something in your past that you were able to go back and do differently, what would that be?
    “Improving my method in school, because I'm gonna be honest. I really struggled in school.”
  1. When did you buy Holly and what's the story behind why you bought it?
    “I bought Holly in July of 2009. We had a client up in Salem who started developing a disease that started eating away his muscles. He couldn't drive anymore because of this, and he had the truck sitting in his garage for about two years. He offered it to my dad and said it was because no one else deserved it. He wanted my dad to pass it down to me, and he wanted me to pass it down to my kids. My dad took it home, and I started driving it when I was 13. I spent tons of money repairing wheels and tires, and I worked all summer to save my money up to spend on my truck. It was my first mechanic project. Now that I’ve put so many years and so much work into her, she looks brand new every time you see her. I love that truck so much. I always have, and I always will.”
  1. What was the best thing that ever happened to you?
    “Star Wars. Getting introduced to this cinematic masterpiece by my best friend (Ally Hall).”
  1. What is it like being the oldest sibling?
    “A lot of responsibility because they all look up to me.”
  1. How many trucks do you have?
    “Six. I have 6 pickups. First, is Holly which is my green Silverado. Second is Screamin Eagle, which is a gray Dodge Cummins. Third is the Yoter, which is my grey Toyota SR5. Fourth is White Duramax, which is a Chevy Silverado. Fifth is the F350 which is a white Ford F350. And last, but not least, is the Odot truck, which is a yellow Ford. Holly is my favorite, obviously.”
  1. What are your plans since you've graduated early?
   “I just work and I have nothing else. I just want to work. Oh, and go mudding.”
  1. What is your life goal?
    “To live happily and to have all the trucks I want. I also want to be the CEO of the PNWs largest corporation, excluding Nike cause they're huge. ‘I want a shotgun and a rifle and a 4-wheel drive and a country boy can survive’.~ Hank Williams Jr.”

@hollythechevy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing In The News Blog Post #2

Around Town

Photo Story: Mike Dixon